Our comprehensive review of corporate shared services within the NHS offers a blueprint for reimagining how they can be better delivered in the future
With ICSs playing an increasingly important role across health and social care, we have been working closely with NHS organisations to help ensure they are making the best use of their combined resources.
One recent project makes the business case for corporate shared services across the NHS. The strategy we developed involved the deployment of technology to fully leverage the economies of scale and best-practice collaborative working efficiencies that corporate shared services can offer.
Beyond a compelling business case and strategy, the consultation phase of the project has produced one of the most comprehensive assessments of shared services in the NHS to date.
The client recognised there was a significant opportunity to transform corporate services across the NHS but also recognised the challenges in its delivery, including:
- The lack of a compelling call to action to leaders at a national, system or local level to drive transformation
- A limited understanding of the scale of the opportunity for efficiency gains and cost savings (and a lack of belief that they can be delivered)
- The business case that integrated corporate services should be a prerequisite for ICSs isn’t fully understood or accepted
- Little awareness of how digital technology was driving transformation in corporate services in both the public and private sector
- Previous attempts to transform corporate services in the NHS had largely failed
Utilising the latest, best-practice insight from our extensive network of specialist associates we:
- Consulted with NHS leaders to understand why previous attempts for corporate shared services had failed and to identify potential future barriers to change
- Researched best practice for corporate services and future trends across a range of sectors
- Engaged with digital technology suppliers, their partners, and customers to evaluate the opportunities the digital revolution offers
- Continued to test our findings with all stakeholders
We have delivered a comprehensive assessment of corporate shared services within the NHS and a blueprint for reimagining how they can be better provided in the future. This includes insight into:
- The potential benefits (not only financial savings but also how transformed corporate services can support the development of ICSs, unleash their potential to improve patient services and remove organisational silos)
- How a one-size-fits-all approach to digital technology transformation isn’t necessary and how improvements can be delivered quickly and without significant upfront investment
- Developing the call to action for stakeholders across an ICS, noting that every ICS is different with its own set of challenges and opportunities
Helping ICSs do more for less
Each ICS has its unique issues. Our tailored solutions are developed in engagement with you and your stakeholders. We offer expert knowledge from extensive research as well as access to a network of organisational success stories, digital technology suppliers, and partners. Projects, like the one outlined above, typically take around 3 months and no more than 50 days’ support from our Associates.
To find out more about how digitally transformed corporate shared services can help ICSs do more for less, speak to John Lavictoire, Director, Seymour John Solution Delivery on 07921 480947 or email email@example.com
About Seymour John Solution Delivery
A cost-effective alternative to the traditional Big Four consultancy model, we simplify the complex and develop innovative, expert-led solutions to your organisational challenges. To read more about how we can help, click here